Raisin Walnut Oatmeal
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 Cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 Cup raisins or sultanas
- 1/3 Cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 Cup oatmeal (quick cooking type)
- 2 packets Splenda
- 2 percent milk, to taste
- In a small saucepan, bring water, raisins, salt, cinnamon, maple syrup and walnuts to a boil.
- Add oatmeal and stir for about 1 minute until fully blended and cooked, for a maximum of 2 minutes.
- Place the cooked oatmeal in a bowl and sprinkle with Splenda, stirring with a spoon.
- Add a few tablespoons milk. More milk makes the oatmeal creamier.
This is a great recipe for lowering cholesterol that tastes like oatmeal raisin cookies.