Rainbow Trout with Herb Stuffing
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 6 dressed trout
- 1 Cup sliced onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup parsley, chopped
- 1 Cup fresh bread cubes
- 3 Tablespoons pimento, chopped
- 2/3 Cup butter or oleo
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small can mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- Sprinkled salt over inside and outside of trout.
- Saute bread in 1/4 cup butter until brown. Stir often. Add onions and mushrooms, Cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in parsley, lemon juice, marjoram and dash of salt. Mix and stuff fish with mixture.
- Place in greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Serve with a dry Reisling.