Rainbow Trout Provencale
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 6 Tablespoons dry Vermouth or white wine
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 4 trout fillets (4 ounces each)
- Combine butter and next four ingredients in microwavable dish. Cover and microwave on full power for 2 minutes.
- Stir in vermouth, tomato paste and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Place trout fillets flesh-side down on vegetable mixture; cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Rotate dish; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until fish flakes with a fork. Place trout on serving plate and top with vegetable mixture. Garnish with additional parsley.
- Makes 2 to 4 servings. About 255 calories per 4-oz serving.