Lamb is most popular in the Mediterranean where it is often served, as here, with a medley of local vegetables. A perfect marriage of flavors and textures that is mouth-watering and scrumptious!
- 2 green bell peppers
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 fennel head
- 1 leek
- rosemary and basil
- sea salt and black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 racks of lamb each with 5 ribs (trimmed of all fat and tissue)
- 2 zucchini
- 2 long eggplant
- 5 ripe tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 red peppers
- In a wok, cook the eggplant, zucchini and peppers seperately in very hot olive oil until lightly browned. Put aside.
- Bring a deep BBQ dish to the heat and splash with some olive oil. Add the chopped onion, leek and fennel and sweat until they soften. Add the tomatoes and garlic, add sea salt and black pepper and cover with the lid until tomatoes start to soften.
- In the meantime, brush the racks of lamb with some olive oil and season. Sear the racks on the flat top BBQ plate until crisp on the outside.
- Add the eggplant, zucchini and peppers together with the onion tomato mix and combine. Place the racks in the dish and cover with the lid and cook for approximately 15 minutes.
Place the vegetable mix on a large platter, slice the racks in half and arrange on top of the vegetable mix. Serve with some boiled chat potatoes.
This Naked Civil Servant dessert is named in tribute for a British eccentric. A classic rhubarb cris...
Spicy Lamb Samosas can be very spicy indeed, but brighten the palate with every exciting bite. Keep ...
Osterbrot, or Easter Bread is essentially, the German version of Greek Tsoureki or Italian Easter Br...
Steak Thumb Bits was a dish created by our Publisher's paternal grandmother and an annual favorite a...