An exciting, refreshing and flavorful game recipe worthy of the most refined dining. The sauce brings out the best flavors of all the other ingredients creating a wonderful meal.
- 1 rabbit; young
- 1 Cup Cabernet Sauvignon (or similar red wine)
- 1 ounce vinegar; red wine
- 2 garlic cloves; unpeeled
- 1 bouquet garni **
- 5 ounces apricots; dried
- 1 salt; coarse
- 1 pepper; ground
- 3 Tablespoons oil; peanut
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Cup demi-glaze; rabbit, chicken, or duck
- Bone the rabbit saddle, legs, and shoulders and cut the meat into cubes of about 1 ounce each. Marinate the meat in the wine and vinegar with garlic bouquet garni for 12 hours, covering rabbit with cheesecloth so it will no dry out.
- Soak apricots in cold water for 1 hour, then drain.
- Drain rabbit, reserving marinade and garniture. Dry rabbit well and seas with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy casserole, heat the oil and 2 Tablespoons of butter. Add the rabbit and brown on all sides (approximately 20 minutes until meat is gray). Add garlic, bouquet garni, reserved marinade, apricots, and rabbit demi-glace.
- Cut a circle of wax paper, butter it lightly, and place it over the rabbit. Cover the casserole and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove bouquet garni and discard.
- Retrieve cloves of garlic and remove the peel.
- Mash garlic into a paste with the remaining butter.
- Remove the rabbit and apricots from the sauce, set aside and keep warm. Add the garlic paste into the sauce a little at a time.
- Arrange rabbit and apricots on a serving plate and cover with sauce.
Chef: Werner Albrecht, The French Room - Four Season's Clift Hotel, San Francisco, CA
** Bouquet garni is a mixture of thyme, rosemary, parsley, and bay leaf, tied up together in a cheesecloth bag.
Chicken Cacciatore is beloved classic is always a treat for young and old. A most essential recipe f...
When it comes to sexy, seductive desserts White Chocolate Mousse with Chocolate Sauce is one of the ...
Gambas al Ajillo is an outstanding tapas recipe from Spain, and a favorite of tapas bars in the Amer...
An interesting side dish, Okra Braised with Tomatoes has roots in French and African cuisine, with s...