Simple, quick and interesting, with a wonderful marmalade to add great taste.
Quick Pate with Onion-Fruit Marmalade
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 1/2 pound liver sausage
- 2 Tablespoons onion, green, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 Tablespoons walnuts or pine nuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 teaspoons Brandy
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 24 bread, French, thin slices, toasted
- parsley, minced
- Onion and Fruit Marmalade:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, olive
- 3 Tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup apricots, dried, chopped
- 1/4 Cup orange juice, fresh
- 2 Tablespoons raisins, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sherry, sweet
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1/3 Cup preserves, blackberry or other berry
- In bowl, combine liverwurst, green onion, parsley, walnuts, brandy, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, pepper and nutmeg. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In small skillet, heat oil over medium heat; quickly saute onion. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook onion for 10 minutes. (It shouldn't brown).
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine apricots, orange juice, raisins, sherry, lemon juice, lemon rind and orange rind. Cover and simmer 15 minutes over medium-low heat. Remove from heat; add onion, blackberry preserves and pepper. Cool.
- Spread about 1 Tablespoon pate on each toasted bread slice. Top each with heaping teaspoon marmalade. Garnish with minced parsley.