Sometimes you just want something interesting to serve at parties or, for your own personal pleasure. This dip may also be used as a sauce or spread, and it’s unquestionably flavorful. Try it as a dip for vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper or steamed artichokes. It makes a superb sauce for asparagus or boiled artichokes. Great as a dip with roasted garlic salted potato wedges or as a spread on seafood or cold roast beef sandwiches. The options are endless.
- 1 1/2 Cups mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1/4 Cup fresh herbs (tarragon, basil, parsley, opal basil or cilantro), finely minced
- Place the minced garlic on a cutting board and sprinkle with the salt.
- Smash with the flat side of a chef's knife, then scrape up and add to a bowl containing the mayonnaise.
- Add the herbs and whisk together.
- Use as a spread, a dip or a sauce.