Quick Asparagus Salad
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads and Dressings
- 1 pound asparagus
- 3 Tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil or hot sesame oil
- Cut or snap off tough ends of asparagus and cut off the small wedge-shaped leaves up to 2 inches from the tip.
- Wash well and cut on the diagonal into 1 1/2-inch lengths.
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Add the asparagus pieces. As soon as the water returns to a boil, drain and quickly cool in cold water to stop the cooking. Drain well. (The asparagus can be cooked a day ahead and refrigerated.)
- Just before serving, place the asparagus in a serving bowl and toss with the soy sauce and sesame seed oil. Serve at room temperature.