This Naked Civil Servant dessert is named in tribute for a British eccentric. A classic rhubarb crisp, it is deliciously flavorful and fun, with a delightful, appealing colour, rather like Mr. Crisp himself.
- 4 Cups fresh rhubarb, cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups sugar
- 3/4 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place rhubarb in ungreased baking dish, 6x10-inch. Sprinkle with salt. Measure sugar, flour and cinnamon into a bowl. Add butter and mix thoroughly until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over rhubarb.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with light cream or ice cream.
A simple Vanilla Custard is a wonderful dessert. Comforting, smooth and flavorful, its relaxing natu...
In North Carolina, this is BBQ Pork Sandwiches with Five-Vegetable Slaw is a wonderful dish that eve...
Chocolate Armagnac Cake is a complex recipe resulting in one of the most glorious, flavorful chocola...
A wonderful tradition, Stollen is a German bread full of deep, rich flavors. Coated in sugar, this d...