This Naked Civil Servant dessert is named in tribute for a British eccentric. A classic rhubarb crisp, it is deliciously flavorful and fun, with a delightful, appealing colour, rather like Mr. Crisp himself.
- 4 Cups fresh rhubarb, cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups sugar
- 3/4 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place rhubarb in ungreased baking dish, 6x10-inch. Sprinkle with salt. Measure sugar, flour and cinnamon into a bowl. Add butter and mix thoroughly until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over rhubarb.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with light cream or ice cream.
The flavor of Paella a la Valenciana is amazing, and its complex combination of tastes and textures ...
Pad Thai is a classic of Asian cuisine; this superb noodle dish has become an international treasure...
Chilled Strawberry Soup is a delectable way to begin a meal. Perfect for entertaining and ideal for ...
If you really love to create unique, exciting salads, Crazy Cobb Salad is a priceless addition to yo...