This Naked Civil Servant dessert is named in tribute for a British eccentric. A classic rhubarb crisp, it is deliciously flavorful and fun, with a delightful, appealing colour, rather like Mr. Crisp himself.
- 4 Cups fresh rhubarb, cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups sugar
- 3/4 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place rhubarb in ungreased baking dish, 6x10-inch. Sprinkle with salt. Measure sugar, flour and cinnamon into a bowl. Add butter and mix thoroughly until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over rhubarb.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with light cream or ice cream.
Roast Quail Veronique is a French-Canadian classic, and an extraordinary dish when made right. The c...
Simple and scary, Frankenfurter Worms makes eating slimy creatures fun and delicious. Make bloody sa...
Hashed Brown Potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to many a breakfast dish, particularly eggs, but...
A seriously delicious combination of hearty beef and earthy mushrooms creating the outstanding Autum...