This Naked Civil Servant dessert is named in tribute for a British eccentric. A classic rhubarb crisp, it is deliciously flavorful and fun, with a delightful, appealing colour, rather like Mr. Crisp himself.
- 4 Cups fresh rhubarb, cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups sugar
- 3/4 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place rhubarb in ungreased baking dish, 6x10-inch. Sprinkle with salt. Measure sugar, flour and cinnamon into a bowl. Add butter and mix thoroughly until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over rhubarb.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with light cream or ice cream.
When it comes to summertime desserts, Blueberry Sorbet is one of the finest. Soothing, cooling and f...
The unique clean flavor of dragon fruit lends itself nicely to many different recipes, including thi...
The incredible flavors of Petite Boules are only believable with your first bite, and of course ever...
In these trying times, a bowl of Tomato, Tarragon and Vodka Soup with a bit of kick never goes amiss...