Quelites (Spinach with Beans)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 3 Tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1 1/2 Cups prepared pinto beans
- 1 Tablespoon chili seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked fresh spinach
- 1 each boiled egg, sliced
- Saute' onion in fat and add beans, chili, salt and spinach. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add egg slices as garnish and serve.
NOTE: Frozen or canned spinach may be substituted for the fresh. Quelites is the name for wild spinach but since this difficult to find, fresh spinach has been substituted.