Simply delicious Pumpkin Doughnuts are packed with flavor. Make holiday glazes in orange, red or black to decorate for Halloween, but these are great throughout the Autumn months.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 Cup buttermilk
- 1 Cup pumpkin, canned
- 4 Cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- sugar for coating
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add oil, pumpkin and buttermilk.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to egg mixture. Chill 1 hour.
- Turn out on floured board and roll to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with a doughnut cutter.
- Deep fry (375-degrees F) until brown on one side. Turn over. Brown other side.
- Drain well on paper towels and roll in sugar.
These holiday treats are also made for Christmastime and look like snowballs. No matter what holiday...
Cherry Clafoutis is an extraordinary country French dessert using fresh cherries to create a light a...
The delicious flavor of Caramel Pecan Pie is the creation of brilliant Southern cooks who've created...
Avgolemono Soup is a rich pairing of lemon, egg and rice that's delicious and filling. It brings a t...