Simply delicious Pumpkin Doughnuts are packed with flavor. Make holiday glazes in orange, red or black to decorate for Halloween, but these are great throughout the Autumn months.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 Cup buttermilk
- 1 Cup pumpkin, canned
- 4 Cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- sugar for coating
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add oil, pumpkin and buttermilk.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to egg mixture. Chill 1 hour.
- Turn out on floured board and roll to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with a doughnut cutter.
- Deep fry (375-degrees F) until brown on one side. Turn over. Brown other side.
- Drain well on paper towels and roll in sugar.
Heartwarming and comforting, Bacon and Bean Soup is a wonderful recipe for cold weather ...
Strawberry-Rhubarb Cobbler is a glorious treat and perfect for the beginning of the summer season wh...
The incredible flavors of Petite Boules are only believable with your first bite, and of course ever...
Curried Vegetable Soup is an exceptional Thai-inspired soup packed with flavor and nutritional value...