Simply delicious Pumpkin Doughnuts are packed with flavor. Make holiday glazes in orange, red or black to decorate for Halloween, but these are great throughout the Autumn months.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 Cup buttermilk
- 1 Cup pumpkin, canned
- 4 Cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- sugar for coating
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add oil, pumpkin and buttermilk.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to egg mixture. Chill 1 hour.
- Turn out on floured board and roll to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with a doughnut cutter.
- Deep fry (375-degrees F) until brown on one side. Turn over. Brown other side.
- Drain well on paper towels and roll in sugar.
Kvaefjordkake is the national dessert of Norway, and a mighty fine confection worthy of praise. The...
Vegetarian Harira delivers incredible flavor, luscious textures and an absolutely delicious soup exp...
The perfect side salad or main course for lunch, Chopped Antipasto Salad with Italian Dressing is al...
A delicious blend of Indian spices well suited to curries, lamb, pork, chicken, fish and vegetable d...