Simply delicious Pumpkin Doughnuts are packed with flavor. Make holiday glazes in orange, red or black to decorate for Halloween, but these are great throughout the Autumn months.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 Cup buttermilk
- 1 Cup pumpkin, canned
- 4 Cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- sugar for coating
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add oil, pumpkin and buttermilk.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to egg mixture. Chill 1 hour.
- Turn out on floured board and roll to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with a doughnut cutter.
- Deep fry (375-degrees F) until brown on one side. Turn over. Brown other side.
- Drain well on paper towels and roll in sugar.
These freshly made Potato Farls (pancakes) are served with a hearty Irish breakfast, or used as a ba...
Chicken Caesar Salad is a classic that is perfect for a midday or evening meal. Full of great flavor...
An outrageously drunken bird, soaked in liquor and gone completely fruity, Drunken Turkey is a delic...
Pecorino, Cabbage, Bacon and Black Pepper Quadrati was developed by Missy Robbins at A Voce in New Y...