Ptichye Moloko is a rich, delectable Russian dessert ideal for the flavors of the season of renewed life: Spring. Simply delish!
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
Serves: 1 cake
- All at room temperature
- 1 stick butter
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 3/4 Cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons agar (or 20 grams gelatin)
- 1/2 Cup cold water
- 1 3/4 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup dark chocolate
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- Combine butter with sugar in the mixer bowl and mix on medium-low speed until soft and fluffy, for about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time; after they mixed add vanilla and flour and mix until combined. (Don’t over mix it.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper and draw a circle on each sheet (use the bottom of the 9 1/2-inch (or 24 cm) springform pan).
- Spread the batter on the circles on wax paper evenly and thinly. Don’t worry if it goes a bit over the circle, you will adjust it when it is baked.
- Bake it for 10 minutes or until light golden color.
- After baking the layers, while they are hot adjust edges using knife and springform pan.
- In small bowl combine cold water with Agar (gelatin). Set aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
- On medium- high speed beat the butter with condensed milk and Vanilla Extract. Transfer the mixture to the bowl and set aside. (do not refrigerate).
- In to a saucepan pour the gelatin mixture and on a medium-low heat, let it dissolve for about 1 minute.
- Add sugar and keep mixing until the mixture will start boiling/bubbling. Lower the heat to low and simmer while mixing for 2 minutes.
- (You could determine that the mixture is ready when you could see the thin string when you hold the spoon/spatula above the pot.) Turn off the heat and let the mixture to cool little bit.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the egg whites with lemon juice until firm peaks appear.
- Slowly pour in the still hot sugar and gelatin mixture beat until all is incorporated. The mixture will get very fluffy and will double in size. Add the previously mixed butter and condensed mixture and mix until combined. Your soufflé is ready now. At this point it is still warm, that’s okay.
- Very slowly pour in the still hot sugar and gelatin mixture beat until all is incorporated. The mixture will get very fluffy and will double in size. Add the previously mixed butter and condensed mixture and mix until combined. Your soufflé is ready now. At this point it is still warm, that’s ok.
Assemble the cake:
- Place one of the cake layers in to the bottom of springform, pour half of the soufflé on the top of the cake layer, place second cake layer on top and pour rest of the soufflé. So you got total of 4 layers (cake, soufflé, cake and soufflé). Refrigerate it for couple hours.
- In a small bowl combine butter and chocolate, place the bowl over a double boiler or microwave and cook until it’s melted. Pour the mixture over the cake (white soufflé) and refrigerate for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan and remove ring.
- Serve with hot tea!!!