A wonderful blend of Mediterranean flavors makes this Provencal Salad great; like a weekend in the South of France.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads
Serves: 8 to 12
- 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 20 Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 large yellow bell pepper; cut into 1/2"-inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper; cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 large tomatoes; cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 red onion; minced
- 1 Cup Basic Vinaigrette; see Recipe
- 12 romaine lettuce leaves
- In a 3-quart mixing bowl, combine jicama, olives, yellow and green bell peppers, tomatoes, and onion.
- Toss with Basic Vinaigrette.
- Marinate 1 to 4 hours.
- To serve, place 1 to 1 1/2 cups of salad on each lettuce leaf.
Yield: 8 to 12 servings.