There’s something incredible, luscious, romantic and seductive about the combination of prosciutto and pears. Italian chefs have been creating recipes with these two flavor partners for hundreds of years. Here, we take a simple combination and create incredibly tasty appetizers perfect for passed hors d’oeuvre or canapes at your next party or event.
This are most unique in that they may be served raw, quickly broiled (about 5 minutes) or served plain or with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. You can even add fresh watercress or chopped walnuts, if you like. Any way you serve these, they’re delicious.
- 2 pears (Bosc or Bartlett), cut into 8 wedges
- 3 ounces blue cheese, cut into small pieces (about 16 pieces)
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
- Place a small piece of blue cheese on the pear.
- Wrap a slice of prosciutto around the pear to secure the blue cheese.
- Serve on platters or trays.