Simple, easy to prepare, Prosciutto Wrapped Fig and Arugula makes a great starter course for any meal or, may be served as passed appetizers without the dressing.
Prosciutto Wrapped Fig and Arugula
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 4 ripe figs, trimmed and quartered * (see Notes)
- 16 slices Prosciutto di Parma
- 1/4 pound baby arugula
- 1/4 Cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Combine a slice of fig with some arugula leaves and wrap in prosciutto.
- Make 16 parcels and chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- Plate two parcels per person.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Serve with a crusty Italian bread and a fruity white wine.
Off season, you may substitute reconstituted dried figs for fresh. Simply soak the whole dried figs in water overnight and cut drained figs before use.