Prosciutto and Fontina Fritters are delicate morsels packed with flavor. Perfect for parties, they’re small easy bites that pair well with dips and veggies.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 Cups Fontina cheese, grated
- 1/4 Cup Prosciutto, diced
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- as needed black pepper, cracked
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Cups panko breadcrumbs
- peanut or grape-seed oil, for frying
- Combine fontina and prosciutto in bowl; toss with flour to separate components. Add rosemary and pepper.
- Mix milk and egg in a separate bowl.
- Fold into cheese mixture. The batter should be stiff but pliable enough to form fritters into quarter-sized patties.
- Coat patties with breadcrumbs. Fry in oil, at 350 degrees F. until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; serve immediately.