This is any easy way to make a great Hollandaise any time you need it. Simple and delicious on asparagus, eggs or filet mignon.
Processor Hollandaise Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sauces
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 juice from 1/2 lemon
- pinch salt
- pinch of white pepper
- 1/2 Cup melted butter
- 1/2 Cup corn oil or peanut oil
- Place lemon juice, eggs, salt and pepper in bowl of food processor or blender.
- Blend for 1 to 3 seconds. Add butter while still running, then add corn or peanut oil.
- Blend in processor for 20 seconds until smooth and uniform.
Mousseline sauce: As per Hollandaise and fold in 1/2 cup of heavy cream(beaten to stiffen).
- Figaro sauce: As per Hollandaise and blend in 2 tbsp of tomato puree and 1 tbsp minced parsley.
- Mustard Hollandaise: As per Hollandaise and blend in 2 tbsp Dijon mustard.
- Maltaise Sauce: As per Hollandaise and stir in 1/2 tsp finely grated orange rind.
- All these variations and the foundation are very good sauces for seafood or vegetables.
Use this rich sauce on poached or scrambled eggs, french fries, broccoli, asparagus, or filet mignon. Add fresh chopped tarragon for creamy Bearnaise.