Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Accompaniments
- 75 g (3 ounce) caster sugar
- 75 g (3 ounce) blanched almonds
- Put the sugar and almonds into a heavy-based saucepan and heat gently, stirring to melt the sugar.
- Cook until the mixture is golden brown.
- Pour onto a greased baking sheet and leave to cool and set.
- Break the praline into pieces and store in a tin.
- When required, crush between sheets of greaseproof paper with a rolling pin.
Substitute pecans for the almonds for a more buttery praline.