Pots de Crême are luscious and sexy little portions of a deep, rich chocolate custard that soothes and entices with each spoonful.
Pots de Creme
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 7 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups heavy cream
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Cup quality chocolate with at least 62% cocoa
- 2 Tablespoon coffee or orange liqueur (Cointreau)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together yolks, egg and sugar; set aside.
- Bring cream and milk to boil.
- Whisk half into egg mixture until smooth.
- Stir the other half into chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Combine chocolate mixture with the egg mixture, add liqueur, vanilla and salt.
- Put through fine mesh strainer and pour into 8-ounce ramekins.
- Place in water bath and bake in preheated 325 degrees F oven 30 to 35 minutes.
These may be made in advance and served warm or cold. Either way, they're delicious. When being made for later use, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate after 30 minutes cooling to room temperature.