Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Potato Dishes
- 11 ounces cooked potatoes shredded
- 3 ounces butter
- 6 ounces sugar
- 6 ounces raisins
- 1 small glass Sherry
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 ounces almonds sliced
- Cream the butter well.
- Add egg yolk, sugar, salt and cornstarch and mix well.
- Add the potatoes, sherry and the raisins.
- Beat eggwhites until stiff; fold into all.
- Butter a pudding form and sprinkle the breadcrumbs all over.
- Fill in mixture, cover and cook in [url href="https://www.epicurus.com/Glossary/bain-marie-5/41491>Bain-marie[/url] on medium high temperature for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake in medium hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Invert on a plate and garnish with the almonds.
- Serve with cherry juice, hot or cold.
Variations: Substitute mashed sweet potatoes for regular potatoes. Add nutmeg and cook in small individual cups as shown in the photo.