A delicious casserole that makes an enticing, fun meal for the family.
Potato, Mushroom and Ham Casserole
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Casseroles
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 2 Cups new red potatoes, boiled and quartered
- 2 Cups cooked ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 2 Cups mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon each: paprika and dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon each: cayenne and garlic powder
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 18 eggs, or equivalent egg substitute
- 1/2 Cup milk (whole recommended)
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 Cup grated Fontina or other favorite cheese
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in very hot skillet and saute potatoes until brown. Reduce heat to medium and add ham; saute 1 minute.
- Heat oil in another medium-hot skillet and add mushrooms; saute until soft; season with paprika, thyme, cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add mushrooms to ham mixture and toss lightly to combine.
- Coat a 3-quart casserole with vegetable spray and pour ham-mushroom mixture into casserole. Beat eggs in mixing bowl with milk until frothy. Season with salt and pepper. Pour eggs over ham-mushroom mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, then arrange tomato slices around top and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Return casserole to oven and bake until eggs are set, cheese is melted and top is brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.