Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Puddings and Custard
- 3 eggs
- 3 Cups potatoes, grated, raw
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- dash pepper
- 1 onion, grated (optional)
- Drain the potatoes. Beat the eggs until they are thick, and stir in the drained potatoes and all the other ingredients.
- Turn the batter into a well-greased 1 1/2 quart casserole or baking dish.
- Bake the kugel, uncovered in a 350 degree F oven for about 1 hour.
- Serves 6 - 8
- Variation: this may be baked in individual muffin tins, instead of one large kugel.
- Note: for Passover, substitute matzah meal for the flour and potato starch for the baking powder.