Port, Orange and Red Currant Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Accompaniments
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 Tablespoons plain flour
- 600 ml stock (from the turkey or alternatively use 1 chicken stock cube with 600 ml boiling water)
- 4 Tablespoons port
- 2 Tablespoons red currant jelly
- 1. Heat the oil in a medium size saucepan and cook the onion until softened.
- Add the zest and juice of the orange and stir in the flour, increase the heat and cook the flour, stirring continually for 30 seconds. Stir in the stock and continue to stir until the sauce thickens.
- Pour in the port and add the Red Currant sauce, reheat and serve with roast turkey or chicken.
Perfect for leftover poultry.