Pork Chops in Sour Cream
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pork
- 6 loin pork chops, 1/2 thick
- 3/4 teaspoons dried sage, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 Tablespoons shortening
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/2 Cup dairy sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 2 Tablespoons snipped parsley
- Rub pork chops with a mixture of sage, salt and pepper. Brown lightly on both sides in hot shortening. Drain off excess fat. Add onions.
- Dissolve bouillon cube is 1/4 cup boiling water. Pour over chops; cover and simmer 30 minutes, or until meat is done. Remove chops to warm serving platter.
- Combine sour cream and flour in a small bowl. Slowly stir in meat drippings. Return mixture to skillet; cook and stir until just boiling.
- Add water until gravy is of desired consistency. Serve over chops.
- Garnish with parsley.