Porcini Ravioli with Wild Mushroom Broth is a recipe of deep, rich, seasonal flavor, made with high quality ingredients and packed with delectable memories.
Porcini Ravioli with Wild Mushroom Broth
Author: Martial Noguier
Recipe type: Soup
- 1/4 Cup shallots, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon plus as needed olive oil , divided use
- 4 Cups Porcini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 1/4 Cups white wine, divided use
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoon crème fraîche
- 2 Cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 Cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 Cups button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 Cups Cremini mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 Cups Shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 Quarts chicken stock
- salt as needed
- pepper as needed
- For ravioli filling, sauté chopped shallots and garlic in olive oil. Add porcinis; cook 2 minutes. Deglaze with 1/4 cup wine. As wine reduces, add cream; cook until mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat, add crème fraîche and season with salt and pepper; cool.
- For pasta dough, mix flour, eggs and 1 Tablespoon olive oil until dough comes together. Allow to rest 25 minutes before rolling.
- For mushroom broth, sauté sliced shallots with button, cremini and shiitake mushrooms in olive oil. Add 2 cups wine. Add thyme, bay leaves, and peppercorns. When wine is reduced, add chicken stock; simmer 45 minutes. Strain and reduce liquid to 1/2 quart.
- Roll pasta dough and assemble raviolis with porcini filling.
- To serve, cook ravioli in boiling, salted water for about 8 minutes and heat broth to simmer. Place 3 ravioli in bowl and pour broth over ravioli.