The tiny little poppyseed is more often used as a topping on Kaiser rolls but makes an excellent flavoring in this delectable bread.
Poppy Seed Breakfast Bread
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breads and Rolls
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond flavoring
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons poppy seed
- 1 1/2 Cups milk
- 3 Cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs (whole)
- 1 1/8 Cups cooking oil
- 2 1/4 Cups sugar
- Mix all ingredients for 2 minutes.
- Lightly grease 2 bread load pans. Pour mixture into the two pans evenly and run a knife down the middle of each on the surface, lengthwise.
- Bake for 1 hour in preheated 350 degree oven. The top will crack - that's normal. A toothpick will come out clean when done.
- Frost with POPPY SEED BREAD Frosting (recipe in Frosting section) when warm in the pan.