These wonderful popovers are perfect for breakfast, and should be served with butter and jam or fresh berries. Outstanding with your morning coffee, tea or juice.
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 butter, jam or fresh strawberries
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Beat the eggs lightly. Add the milk, sifted flour and salt. Mix gently with a fork, leaving lumps. Grease a 6-cup muffin pan or a popover pan.
- Fill each Cup about 3/4 full and place in a cold oven. If your popover pan has 8 cups, fill the empty Cups 3/4 full with water.
- Turn the oven to 450 degrees and bake for 20 minutes or until the popovers rise and blossom.
- Serve immediately with fresh strawberries, butter or jam.
We particularly enjoy these simple popovers with jam or marmalade and soft butter.