Polish Lemon Coffee Cake (Ciasto Cytrynowe) is a rich, sweet, and delicate confection. Ideally, serve it with tea for an elegant dessert in an afternoon or after dinner. It offers a refreshing, tropical flavor to end any meal.
- 9 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 Cup of water
- 1/4 Cup of honey
- juice of 2 lemons
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter with sugar until fluffy, add eggs one by one.
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt and add to sugar/egg mixture.
- Next, add lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Transfer mixture into greased 9 in round pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Watch it, so it doesn't burn.
- In the mean time, combine water, honey and lemon juice and heat on low until warm and combined.
- When cake is ready, take out of the pan onto a plate. With a wood or bamboo skewer, poke holes in the cake, through to the bottom. Spoon water/honey/lemon juice mixture onto the cake to soak it.
- Sprinkle with Confectioners' powdered sugar, if desired.
Spongecake with Cream Filling is a tasty, moist and wonderful cake found in bakeries throughout Spai...
Stout-and-Onion Soup is a delicious English soup - completely different than its French counterpart ...
The outstanding flavors of Linsensuppe (German Lentil Soup with Frankfurter Slices) are outstanding,...
Baked Catfish a la Meuniere is a classic Cajun recipe packed with incredible flavors and complex tex...