Polenta Fries with Gorgonzola Sauce provide a most interesting side dish or appetizer, well suited to parties or family dinners. Great for social events.
Polenta Fries with Gorgonzola Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 3 Cups milk
- 3 Cups water
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 Cups polenta
- 1 1/2 Cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- oil for frying, and as needed
- 2 1/2 Cups Gorgonzola Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1 Quart Gorgonzola cheese, divided use
- 1 1/2 Quarts heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine milk, water, butter, salt and pepper in sauce pan; bring to boil.
- Lower heat; slowly whisk in polenta, stirring until thick, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Oil a sheet pan; spread polenta evenly in pan. Cover with parchment paper; smooth out as much as possible using hands.
- Cool polenta until hard; cut into strips of desired size and shape.
- Toss polenta strips lightly in flour, shaking off excess. Working in batches, deep fry until crisp and browned.
- To serve, plate polenta fries with 2 1/2 ounces Gorgonzola sauce in ramekin on the side.