Poaching Stock for Fish and Chicken
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Stocks and Foundation Sauces
- 4 Cups water
- 1/2 Cup dry Vermouth or dry white wine
- 4 cloves garlic
- parsley sprigs or dill sprigs
- black pepper
- 1. Place water, vermouth or wine, garlic cloves (bruise slightly for stronger flavor), parsley or dill and black pepper into a medium saucepan. Simmer gently for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the ingredients to be poached. Cover saucepan and simmer over low heat until done.
- Follow recipe directions for food item you are poaching to gauge cooking times.
- Yield: About 4 cups stock.