Poached Trout in Cream (English)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 2 trout, cleaned
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 dash chopped fresh chopped chives
- 1 dash chopped fresh parsley
- 2 1/2 fl ounces single cream
- fresh breadcrumbs
- butter, melted
- Set oven to 375 degrees F or Mark 5.
- Cut the fish from head to vent, gut, wash thoroughly and dry.
- Lay side by side in a buttered shallow dish.
- Place a knob of butter and a few of the herbs in the centre of the dish. Sprinkle the rest of the herbs over the flsh and add the lemon juice, together with 1 tablespoon of water. Cover the dish and cook for 15 minutes. Heat the cream in a saucepan and pour over the fish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and shavings of butter and brown under the grill.