This sweet and tangy relish makes a great spread on sandwiches or on canapes. Wonderful with roast meats and pates.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Relish
Serves: 5 Cups
- 2 Cups red plums, unpeeled and diced
- 1 Cup dates, pitted and diced
- 1/2 Cup purple onions, diced
- 1/4 Cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves, about 6 small
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until the mixture is thickened, stirring frequently.
- Cover and chill.