Plum Clafoutis is a glorious way to serve a baked French dessert. Serve the Clafoutis hot, straight from the oven, or chilled with whipped cream or ice cream.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 6 slices
- 1 pound plums, halved and stoned (pitted)
For the Batter:
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup ground almonds
- 2 Tablespoons light muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Tablespoons skimmed milk
- 2 ounces butter, melted
- Lightly grease an 8 inch round quiche dish and arrange the plums in it in a circular pattern.
- To make the batter, beat the cheese, ground almonds and sugar together, then gradually whisk in the eggs and milk.
- Fold in the butter and pour the batter over the plums.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, until set.