This delightful recipe produces a simple, easy to make and thin crust without sauce or cheese. Its thin crust makes it a wonderful snack at midday.
Pizza Bianca (Simple Crispy Pizza)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 recipe pizza dough
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced into extremely thin slivers
- several springs of fresh rosemary or oregano, optionally chopped
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each ball of dough with a rolling pin to form a 12 inch circle about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick, leaving a thick edge. Turn the dough over as you roll it so it won''t shrink back later. Place each one on an oiled 12 or 14 inch pizza pan, baking sheet or peel sprinkled with cornmeal. Dimple the dough with your fingertips or knuckles, brush the tops with the olive oil, sea salt and garlic slivers, and if you like, rosemary or oregano.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. If you are using baking stones, preheat them in the oven for 30 minutes. Sprinkle the stones with cornmeal just before sliding the Pizza Bianca onto them. Bake until the crusts are crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Makes 2 twelve to fourteen inch pizze.
From: Carol Field, "Italy in Small Bites"