Berry or hibiscus flavored lemonade is an absolute winner. Feel free to substitute blueberries or raspberries for the strawberries for additional delicious variations.
Pink Lavender Lemonade
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beverages
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 6 large strawberries; hulled or,
- 1/4 Cup pink hibiscus flowers; dried, pesticide free
- 1/4 Cup lavender leaves; chopped or, dried lavender
- 2 1/4 Cups lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup sugar; optional
- fresh lavender flowers for garnish
- In medium saucepan, combine 2 1/2 cups water, sugar and hibiscus flowers (or hulled strawberries). Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes to extract pink to extract pink from flowers.
- Remove from heat. Stir in lavender leaves. Cover and cool.
- Strain cooled herb liquid into large pitcher or jar (if using strawberries, gently press juice from berries.) Add remaining 2 1/2 cups water and lemon juice. Stir well. Add 1/2 cup more sugar, if desired.
- Just before serving, add ice cubes. Pour into chilled glasses.Garnish with lavender flowers.
The original recipe calls for hibiscus flowers and suggested strawberries as a substitute. We have reversed the order. Use of distilled water ensures that the water does not add a strong mineral taste to this delicious beverage.