Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main, Entree
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 Cups leftover cooked white rice, lumps broken up
- 1 Cup fresh pineapple, cut into bite size chunks
- 2 Cups jumbo shrimp, cooked
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 Cup red onion or shallots, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 Cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2Tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 Cup toasted cashews, salted or unsalted
- 1/4 Cup scallion, sliced
- cilantro leaves for garnish
- Heat up the oil in the sauté pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, red onion, and red bell pepper, stir-fry until fragrant about 2 minutes
- Crack the eggs directly into the pan, stir and break them up and cook for a minute
- Add cooked rice, soy sauce, sugar, and pineapple, and stir-fry to incorporate all the flavors.
- Add toasted cashews, and cooked shrimp, and stir another minute, breaking up any lumps of rice. Turn off the heat - sprinkle with sliced green onion and cilantro and serve immediately.
If fresh pineapple is not available, canned, drained pineapple chunks (in light syrup) are an acceptable substitute. Reserve some cilantro leaves for garnish when the dish is plated.