The delicacy of our Pineapple Salmon Burger cannot be underestimated. It is a gift from the seas and the lands of the Hawaiian Islands. Simply incredible tropical flavors.
- 1/2 Cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 Tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh raw salmon (skin removed)
- 1/3 Cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- pickled jalapenos (optional)
- 4 King Hawaiian hamburger buns or whole wheat buns toasted
- 1 avocado sliced or mashed (optional)
- lettuce (green leaf, red leaf or Romaine)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 large pineapple rings preferably from a fresh pineapple
- In a small bowl combine the BBQ sauce, pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Set aside for later.
- Add salmon to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it’s somewhat ground. You can also chop the salmon very finely with a sharp knife.
- Remove and add salmon to a bowl with the Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan and 2 tablespoons of the Hawaiian BBQ sauce from step 1 (save the rest for serving) and mix with a spoon until just combined. Form into 4 equally sized burgers. Heat a skillet (or grill) over medium-high heat with a tablespoon of coconut oil. Cook burgers on each side until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. During the last minute of cooking add the Swiss cheese and the jalapeños, if using.
- In a separate skillet heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and place the pineapple slices in the pan. Cook for about 3-4 mins, flip and cook another 3 to 4 minutes.
- To assemble place a piece of lettuce on the bottom of a bun, then the burger, mashed or sliced avocado and a ring of pineapple. Drizzle each burger with the remaining Hawaiian BBQ sauce.
A traditional, favorite Italian dip of simple construction but complex, wonderful flavor. Served hot...
Rotisserie cooked, these Barbecued Ribs afford amazing flavor and rich, moist texture. Superb eating...
Zabar's Black-and-White Cookies are delightful cookies and a favorite in New York and around the wor...
Lemon Verbena Angel Food Cake imparts the flavor of the season to every morsel of this incredible c...