The delicacy of our Pineapple Salmon Burger cannot be underestimated. It is a gift from the seas and the lands of the Hawaiian Islands. Simply incredible tropical flavors.
- 1/2 Cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 Tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh raw salmon (skin removed)
- 1/3 Cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- pickled jalapenos (optional)
- 4 King Hawaiian hamburger buns or whole wheat buns toasted
- 1 avocado sliced or mashed (optional)
- lettuce (green leaf, red leaf or Romaine)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 large pineapple rings preferably from a fresh pineapple
- In a small bowl combine the BBQ sauce, pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Set aside for later.
- Add salmon to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it’s somewhat ground. You can also chop the salmon very finely with a sharp knife.
- Remove and add salmon to a bowl with the Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan and 2 tablespoons of the Hawaiian BBQ sauce from step 1 (save the rest for serving) and mix with a spoon until just combined. Form into 4 equally sized burgers. Heat a skillet (or grill) over medium-high heat with a tablespoon of coconut oil. Cook burgers on each side until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. During the last minute of cooking add the Swiss cheese and the jalapeños, if using.
- In a separate skillet heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and place the pineapple slices in the pan. Cook for about 3-4 mins, flip and cook another 3 to 4 minutes.
- To assemble place a piece of lettuce on the bottom of a bun, then the burger, mashed or sliced avocado and a ring of pineapple. Drizzle each burger with the remaining Hawaiian BBQ sauce.
For a superior dish, try our Veal Scaloppine del Pastore, with an incredible sauce, earthy mushrooms...
There are few soups as soothing, comforting or flavorful as Black Bean Soup with Salsa and Sour Crea...
In cooler weather, the flavors of Winter Green Salad with Walnuts and Persimmons are a wonderful rem...
Petersilienkartoffeln makes a wonderful side dish with a wide variety of dishes from Weiner Schnitze...