Pineapple Lemon Chicken
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 2 whole chicken breasts, split, skinned and boned
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash of black peper
- 1 Tablespoon dry Sherry
- Lemon sauce
- 2 slices pineapple canned, cut into quarters
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 Cup water
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced, fresh
- 1 Cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 Cup sesame seeds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- PREPARATION: Pound each chicken breast half to flatten.
- Place chicken in a bowl and add salt, pepper, and sherry; stir to coat.
- Set aside for 30 minutes.
- To make lemon sauce, whirl pineapple slices in a blender until smooth. Then combine with remaining sauce ingredients in a small saucepan; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and sesame seeds. Dip chicken into egg, then roll in bread crumbs, shaking off excess. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Cooking: Set wok in a ring stand and add oil to a depth of 2 inches. Place over medium-high heat until oil reaches 350 - 360 degrees F. Add chicken, 2 pieces at a time, and deep fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and meat is no longer pink when slashed, turning occasionally. Lift out and drain on paper towels. Place on a heatproof dish and keep warm in a 200 degree F oven while deep-frying remaining chicken.
- Meanwhile, cook sauce over medium-high heat, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Cut chicken into strips and arrange on a serving platter. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish edge of platter with additional pineapple slices. Serve hot.
Tip: For a crispier crust, fry the chicken a second time before serving. From: Martin Yan The Chinese Chef.