Once the dried apricots have absorbed the syrup, they begin to blend with other flavors in the recipe creating a superb, sweet and tangy pickle that is wonderful with pates, terrines, cold cuts and roast game, particularly venison and quail.
- 6 ounces dried apricots
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Cup sugar, brown; firmly packed
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar
- 12 cloves, whole
- 1 cinnamon stick; 3-inches
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Cook apricots and water in heavy saucepan, uncovered, over low heat 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 25 minutes. Cool; store in jar in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Makes 1-1/3 Cups per serving.