Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
Serves: for a 12 to 15 pound turkey
- 1 large onion; chopped
- 1 large green pepper; chopped
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 large fresh tomato or 3/4 Cup canned, crushed tomatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 Cup Spanish olives with pimiento
- 1/4 Cup dark raisins
- 2 Tablespoons capers
- 2 Cups raw white rice
- 3 1/2 Cups chicken stock
- 1/4 Cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 Cup dry Spanish Sherry
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet saute onion, pepper and garlic in olive oil. Add tomato and cook slowly until well blended.
- Brown meat in same skillet and cook slowly with olives, raisins, and capers.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in stock until done. Mix rice with other ingredients to form a moist,but not wet, stuffing.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stuffs a 12-15 pound turkey.