Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sandwiches
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces flank steak
- 1 Cup red onions; thinly sliced
- 4 hard rolls (6); halved and toasted
- 1/2 Cup pasteurized process cheese spread
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl combine Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and black pepper. Place steak on a rack in a broiler pan; brush sauce mixture over sides of steak.
- Top steak with onions. Broil 4 to 5" from heat until onions are nearly crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove onions from meat, placing to one side of broiler pan. Turn steak; broil until done as desired,, 3 to 5 minutes longer. Place meat on cutting board; thinly slice diagonally across the grain.
- Place bottom halves of rolls on broiler pan, cut sides up; top with beef slices and onions. Spoon cheese spread over onions.
- Broil until melted, about 30 seconds. Cover with remaining roll halves.