An extraordinary and delicious recipe for pheasant that works equally well with chicken or Cornish hens. Seriously good eating.
Pheasant Baked in Onion Rings
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 1 young pheasant; cut in pieces
- 1/4 Cup pancake mix
- 1 large onion (or 2 medium)
- 1/4 Cup melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Roll pieces of pheasant in pancake mix (or seasoned flour). Arrange dredged pieces in a single layer in a greased shallow casserole.
- Slice onions and blanket pheasant pieces with onion rings. Cover with melted butter. Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bake in 375 degree oven until tender, about 1 hour. If more browning is desired, use 450 degree oven last 10 to 15 minutes and turn pieces as necessary.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 537 Calories; 48g Fat (78.5% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 912mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Fruit; 9 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.