Petersilienkartoffeln makes a wonderful side dish with a wide variety of dishes from Weiner Schnitzel to grilled fish, chicken, or roasts. Simply made and quite tasty.
Petersilienkartoffeln (Parslied Potatoes)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dishes
- 2 pounds new potatoes or other waxy potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 Cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Use new potatoes and steam them in their skins in a steamer for about 20-30 minutes until tender. You can also boil them in salted water.
- Allow to cool and peel the skins.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the skinned potatoes and then sprinkle over the salt. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes turning often.
- Lastly sprinkle with the fresh chopped parsley, shake the pan to distribute the parsley and serve immediately.