Your taste buds will react with intense excitement at their first encounter with our Perfect Chili Cheeseburgers. They’re exceptional and incredible. Serve with potato chips or crunchy fries.
- 2 pounds ground beef, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder, divided
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1 Tablespoon paprika, ground (smoked, if available)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 15-ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 Cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 4 hamburger buns
- sliced green onions, for garnish
- pickled jalapeños, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/4 pounds ground beef, garlic, and 1 tablespoon chili powder and season with salt and pepper. Form into four patties.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil. Add patties and cook 4 minutes per side, then drain fat.
- Make chili sauce: Add onions to skillet and cook until soft and tender, 5 minutes, then season with salt. Add remaining ground beef and cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes, then drain fat.
- Stir in remaining chili powder, cumin, paprika, and garlic powder until combined, then add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and stir until combined. Let simmer 5 minutes (add 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup water to thin sauce to your desired consistency).
- Return burgers to the skillet and spoon sauce all over. Top with cheddar and cover with lid to melt.
- Assemble burgers: Place a burger on the bottom half of each bun. Spoon more chili sauce over the burger, and top with green onions and pickled jalapeños. Place top half of burger bun and serve immediately.
Under the spreading chestnut tree, the village smithy's wife cooked up a batch of delicious Braised ...
Simply wonderful to make for the winter. Deliciously decadent, Pears in Brandy is wonderful served w...
An incredible, authentic recipe of ancient Irish origin, Classic Buttermilk Irish Soda Bread is enjo...
Zabaglione alle Fragiole is an outstanding dessert made with fresh strawberries and a delicious Zaba...