Perfect Carrot Salad lives up to its name and includes crunchy, sweet, and delectable ingredients for a cool, refreshing and tasty side dish. Great with grilled meats or fish and a wonderful accompaniment with Barbecue. Ideal for picnics, or beach parties.
- 10 ounces shredded carrots (or julienne 1 or 2 carrots)
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1/2 Cup fresh pineapple, diced (or crushed pineapple, canned)
- 1/2 Cup apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons demerara sugar (if using crushed pineapple, substitute with pineapple juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine the carrots, raisins, pineapple, and apple in a large bowl
- Whisk the mayo, yogurt, sugar and salt together in a small bowl and pour over the vegetables. Use a spatula or large spoon to gently mix until combined
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
The French prepare their Yule Log in cake, meringues and buttercream frosting and take warmth from t...
Want an idea for making something with turkey? Simple. Make this recipe for Turkey Pot Pie and watch...
Unbelievably simple and wonderful, this recipe is soon to become a treat at your Thanksgiving table....
No-Knead Applesauce Bread is a simple, round, crusty bread of delightful flavor. It's easy to make a...