Perfect Carrot Salad lives up to its name and includes crunchy, sweet, and delectable ingredients for a cool, refreshing and tasty side dish. Great with grilled meats or fish and a wonderful accompaniment with Barbecue. Ideal for picnics, or beach parties.
- 10 ounces shredded carrots (or julienne 1 or 2 carrots)
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1/2 Cup fresh pineapple, diced (or crushed pineapple, canned)
- 1/2 Cup apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons demerara sugar (if using crushed pineapple, substitute with pineapple juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine the carrots, raisins, pineapple, and apple in a large bowl
- Whisk the mayo, yogurt, sugar and salt together in a small bowl and pour over the vegetables. Use a spatula or large spoon to gently mix until combined
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
These delicious Almond Cookies are often served at the end of a wonderful Chinese meal. Simply delec...
Supreme Burgers are amazing treats for young or old and appeal to a wide audience. The assembly of t...
Louisiana-Style Shrimp Cakes are one of the glories of the Gulf and Cajun cookery. Rich in flavor, a...
Roasted Chicken with Caramelized Garlic and Sage is an exceptional recipe that pairs well with roast...