Perfect Carrot Salad lives up to its name and includes crunchy, sweet, and delectable ingredients for a cool, refreshing and tasty side dish. Great with grilled meats or fish and a wonderful accompaniment with Barbecue. Ideal for picnics, or beach parties.
- 10 ounces shredded carrots (or julienne 1 or 2 carrots)
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1/2 Cup fresh pineapple, diced (or crushed pineapple, canned)
- 1/2 Cup apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons demerara sugar (if using crushed pineapple, substitute with pineapple juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine the carrots, raisins, pineapple, and apple in a large bowl
- Whisk the mayo, yogurt, sugar and salt together in a small bowl and pour over the vegetables. Use a spatula or large spoon to gently mix until combined
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
Avocado Gazpacho Soup is a delicate, tasty Mexican soup that is packed with incredible flavor and ta...
The combination of pork and apple is the stuff of legend, but add some Brie, and it's a dream come t...
Blitzkuchen mit Apfeln or Quick Cake with Apple is a delicious, simple apple cake with an incredible...
Summer Bread Salad from Tuscany is one of the treasures Mary Ann Esposito brings back from her trips...