Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Cakes
- 1 Cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 Cup cold water
- 16 ounces soft Philly cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/4 Cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1 Cup whipping cream, whipped
- 3 ounces milk chocolate candy
- NOTE: Milk chocolate should be milk chocolate candy bars and they should be finely chopped.
- Combine crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Soften gelatin in water; stir over low heat until dissolved. Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Gradually add gelatin, milk and peppermint candy, mixing until blended, chill until slightly thickened but not set. Fold in whipped cream and chocolate.
- Pour over crust. Chill until firm.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream combined with crushed peppermint candies, if desired.