Penne with Tomato, Black Olive and Feta
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pasta
- 1 pound penne or fusilli
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 tomatoes, large, wedges
- 1/3 Cup black olives, halved
- 1/2 Cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 Cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- * 2 teaspoons of dried basil can be used instead of the fresh stuff.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until al dente (tender but firm).
- Drain and return to pot to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick frying pan, heat oil over medium heat, stir in garlic. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer to pot with drained pasta, add olives, feta cheese, parsley and basil. Toss gently to mix.
- Sprinkle each serving with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serves 4.