Penn-Dutch Pot Roast is simple to prepare and yields an intense, delicious flavor best served with carrots, mashed potatoes and the exceptional sauce. The perfect Sunday roast but if you have a slow roaster, this is great for any day.
- 3 to 4 pound trimmed beef roast (sirloin tip or rump)
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Cup beef stock
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Cup coffee, brewed
- 2 bay leaves, whole
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced into chunky wedges
- Sear roast in 1 tablespoon oil on all sides in heavy Dutch oven till brown. It will leave a crust in the bottom or the pot.
- Pour sauce ingredients over meat.
- Put half of onions on meat, the other half in sauce with the carrots.
- Cover and roast 4 to 5 hours at 325 degrees.
Borscht from Kieve is a hearty, rich and flavorful soup from the heart of the Ukraine. Its deep, ric...
When a cookie is good enough for a Scottish millionaire, it must be a very fine cookie indeed. This ...
Coconut Macaroons are one of those traditional, reliable and definitive confections found everywhere...
The amazing flavor of Caramel Corn Ice Cream isn't the only thing that makes it exciting. The sweet ...