Peking Duck, that sweet, sultry and incredible Chinese delicacy, makes an astounding ingredient for an exotic pizza. Peking Duck Pizza is a delicious treat that makes for great party food.
- 3 Cups bread flour
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- pinch salt
- 2 Peking duck legs, sliced
- 3/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1 large red chile pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus spears, halved
- 4 spring onions, diagonally sliced
- extra Hoisin Sauce, to drizzle
- spring onions, finely sliced, to garnish
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the yeast, sugar and warm water in a small bowl and allow to stand in a warm place until mixture begin to foam.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture, add the egg yolk, oil and salt mixture together to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth. Return dough to the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place the bowl in a warm place until dough has doubled in size.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board and divide in half. Roll dough out to 1/8-inch thick to fit baking trays. Place dough onto baking trays lined with baking paper to prevent sticking.
- Spread each pizza base sparingly with hoi sin sauce, top with sliced Peking duck legs, chiles, asparagus and spring onions.
- Bake Pizza in the pre-heated oven 375 degrees F/190 degrees C for 20 minutes remove pizza from oven and serve drizzled with hoi sin sauce and garnished with finely sliced spring onions.
- Slice and serve immediately.
The pairing of Broccoli and Rigatoni is the stuff of legend. A hearty, thick pasta, rigatoni stands ...
Bavarian Creams are wonderful desserts with considerable flexibility for both flavors and use. Some ...
These sweet, glazed and slightly caramelized shallots make an unusual, flavorful side dish, or may b...
With a subtle, herbal flavor, Sour Cream-Cardamom Waffles offers unique delights with every morsel. ...