Serve these as a garnish for a scoop of dulce de leche or butter pecan ice cream or, with a simple glass of cold milk for a wonderful winter snack.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
- 8 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 Cup sifted all-purpose soft wheat flour
- 2/3 Cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together the butter and cream cheese in a small bowl or food processor. Add the flour and blend thoroughly.
- Divide and shape into 30 balls. Wrap all 30 balls together in plastic wrap and chill slightly.
- Place each ball in a tiny ungreased fluted tart pan or muffin cup. Line the pans by pressing the dough with your fingertips against the bottoms and sides.
- For the filling, place half the pecans in the dough-lined pan. Beat together the egg, sugar, butter, vanilla, sand salt until all lumps are gone.
- Pour the egg mixture onto the pecan topped dough. Dot with the remaining pecans.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the filling is set. Cool 5 minutes on a rack and remove from the pans before they are cool, as the caramel will set.
- These tiny tarts freeze easily.
For more ideas with this recipe, see More Fillings for Tassies.